Today I have a grocery haul for you all!
Hopefully, you like grocery hauls as much as I do, lol! Or you won’t be too excited for this post!
Being only 2 weeks (YIKES) from the first day back to school, I have been “momming” things up around here! What I mean is, trying to get back to a normal routine and doing all the mommy things.
Trying to get the kiddos back on a nightly routine, getting dinner cooked before 8 or 9pm, de-cluttering every inch in my house (which I still have TONS to do), finishing some house projects, (so we can start more lol), AND trying to get my grocery budget and meal plans back on track!
So a lot has been going on but it’s nothing that the good lord doesn’t think we can handle.
Just about all summer, I haven’t tracked my grocery budget, and we have not been eating the healthiest. You could say we all enjoyed Summer Break just a little too much.
But I am certainly getting things back on track! And I have soo many plans for my blog and youtube, I just can’t wait to share everything with you!
Anyways… back to the grocery haul. ( I am the best at getting off topic).
I went shopping at my small local grocery store a couple days ago, which I don’t usually shop at too often (I’m a Walmart girl) but I needed a few things to complete my meal plans out for the next week to two weeks.
I’m just trying get by with majority of what we have in the pantry and freezer, using up as much of it as I can, and hopefully purchasing just filler and staple items.
Next month, I am planning on doing my LARGE grocery hauls, where I only have to shop maybe 2-3 times the WHOLE month! Fingers crossed it works out because that makes things soo much easier for me!
So anyways, I don’t have pictures to share with you, because I didn’t take any. (Also because I found my cameras battery charger the day after I went shopping.) But instead, I filmed/vlogged my shopping trip and haul. I will link it below if you are interested in watching it. The picture quality is not the best, but I am pretty proud of my editing skills.
I’m still going to break my receipt down, so let’s get started!
So for about 55 items I spent $187.63
I’ve broken it down to categories.
- Pink Lady Apples $0.79/lb X 3.30lbs
- Grape Tomatoes $2.99 X 2
- Broccoli $2.19/lb X 1.34lbs
- Green Cabbage $0.50/lb X 2.40lbs
- Cantaloupe (locally grown) 3/$5.00 X 3
- Carrots $1.39 X 1
- Cilantro $0.59 X 1
- Cucumbers (locally grown) 2/$0.88 X 2
- Red Grapes $1.99/lb X 2.03lbs
- Head of lettuce $1.29 X 1
- Limes 10/$1.00 X 20
- Pears $0.79/lb X 2.90lbs
- Jalapeno Peppers $0.99/lb X 1.06lbs
- Chobani Flip Yogurt $1.39 X 4
- Chobani Flip Yogurt $1.49 X 2
- Sliced Hard Salami $2.49 X 1
- 2% Milk $3.29 X 4
- Mezzetta Martini Olives $5.69 X 1
- Shredded Chedder and Colby Jack Cheese $3.29 X 1
- Colby Jack Sandwich Cheese $1.99 X 1
- Mild Chedder Sandwich Cheese $1.99 X 1
- Gogurts $5.69 X 1
- 10lbs Chicken Quarters $6.99 X 1
- Pork Chops $9.32
- Ground Beef $10.64
- Sugar 4lbs $1.98 X 4
- Hot and Spicey Cheez- Its $2.50 X 1
- Refried Beans $0.99 X 2
- Hungry Jack Pancakes Complete 2/$5.00 X 2
- Hormel Dry Beef $2.99 X 1
- Kool Aid 3/$0.99 X 12
- Kikkoman Soy Sauce $2.19 X 1
- Kraft Mac and Cheese $0.99 X 5
- Sandwich Bread $0.99 X 4
- Luzianne Cold Brew Tea $3.99 X 2
- Yellow Corn Tortillas $2.29 X 1
- Malt O Meal Strawberry Spooners Cereal $3.19 X 1
- Malt O Meal Coco Roos Cereal $2.69 X 1
- Malt O Meal Cinnamon Toasters $2.69 X 1
- Graham Crackers $2.99 X 1
- Instant Oatmeal $2.49 X 1
- Canned Green Beans $0.79 X 2
- Canned Corn $0.79 X 2
- Canned Smoked Tuna $1.49 x 2
- Canned Sliced Peaches $1.49 X 4
- Margaret Holmes Squash and Onions $1.19 X 2 (Buy one get one free)
- Margaret Holmes Seasoned Pinto Beans $1.19 X 2 (Buy one get one Free)
- Margaret Holmes Tomato, okra, and Corn $1.19 X 1 (buy one get one Free)
- Glory Foods Seasoned Greens $1.79 X 1 (buy one get one free)
- Salt $0.69 X 1
- Jar of Sweet Pickles $2.49 X 1
- Saltine Crackers $1.79 X 1
Some stuff wasn’t on my list that I needed, but I got it anyways for whatever reason.
So this is the first of many grocery hauls, well technically this is my second. If you want to see my first grocery haul, check out this post!
I also wanted to quickly give you a glimpse at our meals for the next week or two. I don’t have any sort of system that I follow.
I just try to use what I have on hand and buy the extra things I need to complete the meals, if necessary.
I don’t do a specific meal for a specific day. I basically look at my list, which is similar to what you see below, and I pick whichever meal I’m feeling at that time! Soo organized, I know! lol
Breakfast: Served with fruit and/or yogurt
- Pancakes or waffles
- French Toast
- Eggs and Bacon
Lunches: Served with fruit, veggies, crackers and/or cheese
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Hot Dogs
- Mac and Cheese
Dinner: Served with side or veggies, salad, potatoes, and/or rice
- Mexican Style Pork Chops
- Baked Chicken
- Shrimp Alfredo
Thats about as basic as it gets, oh and sometimes we have leftovers and we will eat that or i’ll turn the leftovers into a totally different meal. For example if I have any chicken left over from a baked Chicken night, I’ll save it and make Chicken quesadillas for lunch the next day.
We just try not to waste any food and with 3 growing boys and my manly husband we really don’t waste much.. AT ALL!
So that about wraps it all up. I hope you guys enjoyed my grocery haul. If you watched my video please leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought about it!
Also, my giveaway is still going on!!! Check out this post! It ends on August 25th so Please Enter!!
Have a great week friends! See you in my next one!